Due to the RIVM regulations regarding COVID-19, we are unfortunately closed at the moment. We hope to see in Wannee again as soon as possible.
Restaurant Wannee is named after Ms. Cornelia Johanna Wannée. Ms. Wannée taught cooking and gastronomy at the “Amsterdamse Huishoudschool” at the Vondelpark in Amsterdam. They stood for the development of female education with the goal of economic independence for women. Ms. Wannée showed the value of healthy, tasteful cooking and became the portrait behind the Dutch food culture.
Restaurant Wannee’s philosophy is based on Dutch Cuisine: a manifesto of five principles created by SVH Masterchef and Wannee’s Executive Chef Albert Kooy.
- Culture - we show what beautiful ingredients and traditions we have in New Dutch Cuisine
- Health - we base our dishes on vegetables so they are good for people and the planet
- Nature - we use natural products and ingredients with no chemical additives
- Quality - we use the best quality with respect for the products and the producers
- Value - we respect the earth acting as its stewards and with a zero-waste mindset
Every month our chefs create a new menu under these principles; representing the season with the naturally grown vegetables as the focal point in every dish, with the meat or fish acting as garnish. The result: a seasonal Dutch Cuisine menu which we are proud to call our own! For a quick lunch or dinner we have a selected a la carte menu with favorites such as a salad or fried eggs.